An invitation by Grimshaw Architects to create a feature wall piece for the prestigious new Curragh Racecourse.
The Studio created a 10 meter long (and 1.6m tall) engraving in leather panels. The engraving shows the historic Curragh plains and its position in Co. Kildare. The engraving is based on the 1840’s ordnance survey of Ireland.
The second engraving is specific to the Racecourse itself. Contrasting an image of the course in 1807 by H.Walker with a contemporary version of the course. Accurately positioning the starting post for all the famous races. Mapping the distances in furlongs along the course and the renowned gallops.
Some images from the development of the Curragh Racecourse engraved wall.
The design was laser engraved in large shoulders of leather and cut into tiles. These were joined together and mounted to create the complete wall piece.